ResPAK Version 6 Upgrade Instructions
Analytical Systems is proud to present ResPAK Version 6. This is the current version of ResPAK and includes many enhancements and new features. The new version highlights:
- Require less administration and IT support
- Manage your customer database more intuitively
- Managing your busy environment has never been easier
- Easily Track and Automate Member Renewals and Recurring Payments
For full list of features and enhancements, please consult the release notes.
This page provides all the information needed to upgrade a ResPAK Version 5 system to Version 6.
Why It's Important to Upgrade Your ResPAK Software
- We are constantly improving performance and stability of ResPAK
- Enhanced technology and new and improved features will allow you to apply the latest enhancements to your projects
- If you have an outdated version of software you may be not be able to receive the software support you require
How Do I Upgrade?
The Upgrade to version 6 consists of two tasks. Firstly, ResPAK must be upgraded from version 5 to version 6. Secondly, the system must be updated to the latest version of ResPAK.
The initial upgrade to version 6 is the most time intensive as many aspects of the ResPAK installation are changed, from the removal of the ResPAKW mapped drive to a new database server and conversion of the existing database file. Once this step is completed, subsequent upgrades are greatly simplified with the introduction of the ASUpgrade program that provides an easy to use wizard style upgrade experience.
Step-by-Step Upgrade Guide
- Prepare to upgrade
- Download necessary files
- Install Upgrade 6.0.1
- Deploy changes to workstations
- Upgrade to the latest ResPAK version
The downloaded files can be verified using MD5 of SHA1 file hashes. Full list of the published files and their hashes could be found here Additional information about published files.
ResPAK technical support can be contacted:
- Via telephone on +61 3 9480 1777 during Australian business hours.
- Via email to support and be responded to by the first available support representative.